- Just as the birth of a child is a process that requires a lot of planning and preparation, baby showers should also be planned well in advance, especially the menu options for the event. While baby shower food should be cute, flavorful and fun, it should also be simple and easy for shower guests to handle and should take into consideration the dietary needs of the pregnant mother and child. Another important aspect of planning cute baby shower food is to make it adhere to a baby or pregnancy theme.
Cookie cutter finger sandwiches
- Finger sandwiches are a good idea for a baby shower, as they are quick and mess-less to eat. A great way to make these treats cute is to cut them into baby-related shapes such as bottles, pacifiers, rattles, or teddy bears. If you're not handy with a knife, consider using a cookie cutter for a fast way to achieve the perfect look.
Baby block mini cakes
- Mimic the look of old-fashion baby letter/number blocks by cutting a large rectangular sheet cake into equally sized block sections. Decorate each section in the style of a baby block. You could also decorate each with a letter on the sides and a simple picture of an animal or object that corresponds to that letter on the top, for example, the letter "a" and a picture of an apple.
Eggs in a nest cupcakes
- Decorating cupcakes to show an egg or two in a nest is a cute visual metaphor for pregnancy. Create these adorable cupcakes by baking the cupcake first, covering it with a thin layer of sticky frosting and then placing shredded browned coconut on top to create the nest. Use a pastry bag filled with frosting of your choice and squeeze out a dollop of frosting onto the cupcake in the shape of an egg. Once you have your desired number of eggs, add more coconut if necessary.
- Another cute food idea is to create edible party favors attendees can take home with them. Use baby-themed bags, mini pails, or other fun containers to send party-goers home with sugar cookies in the shape of baby items, specially decorated cupcakes, or chocolate melted down into baby-related shapes.
Baby items to help with food setup
- Use baby food jars as cute and simple ways to store jams, dips and creams for the food spread. Baby sized spoons can be used by guests when getting these condiments. Use a baby's portable bath center to store ice and/or chilled drinks.