Some are only interested in tracking their favorite Hollywood celebrities; while others appreciate the natural beauty the state has to offer.
To truly get a feel for sightseeing in California, be sure to check out some of these regional favorites:
- Los Angeles is the home to Hollywood and all of its glitz and glamour.
Check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame to see all your favorite stars of present and past.
- San Francisco offers an entirely different feel than Los Angeles.
Sitting high atop the decorated hills of the region, San Francisco offers a Victorian charm unlike that of the rest of the state.
- Monterey is one of California's oldest cities, offering an historic flair and atmosphere.
- Several of the most famous National Parks in California include Yosemite, Sequoia and Death Valley, offering a myriad of outdoor splendor to enjoy.
- Bodie, found between Lake Tahoe and Death Valley is a ghost town frozen in time where visitors can truly experience California as it once was.
- Mount Whitney is the tallest mountains in the Contiguous U.
and was the site for numerous westerns shot in the 50's and 60's.
Just keep in mind with so much to see here that no one can cover the entire state in a single visit, so plan to return again - and often.