- 1). Decide on what color and type of flowers you would like to display. You can stick with what is in season or just let your imagination run wild. Develop a plan for where you will plant the flowers and how many of each you'll need.
- 2). Go to a craft or silk flower store and purchase your flowers. The silk variety are the most realistic-looking but fake, plastic flowers are less expensive if you have a smaller budget. Those can be found at any dollar store.
- 3). If the flowers have long stems, make sure to cut off the stem right below where the flower branches meet, so the flowers are still together but the stem won't be so long. Or, if you prefer, you can keep the stem on and simple push it into the ground.
- 4). Dig small holes where you want your flowers to go and make sure to pack the soil tightly around them so they don't fall over. Cover soil with mulch or rocks if you like.
- 5). Step back and admire your new flower bed. No fertilizer or watering required!