- 1). Unplug your JVC TV from the electrical outlet and allow the lamp to cool for at least 60 minutes.
- 2). Remove the Phillips screw holding the lamp cover in place; the lamp cover is typically located on the left side panel of the television. Depending on your model, it may also be located on the back panel of the set. Pull the knob on the lamp cover toward you to remove it.
- 3). Loosen the two screws on the lamp unit. Raise the handle on the lamp unit and use it to slide the unit out of the television.
- 4). Slide a new lamp unit into the TV. Do not touch the glass on the lamp unit as the oils in your fingers can damage the bulb. Grab the lamp unit only by the handle and metal frame. Tighten the screws on the lamp unit to hold it in place.
- 5). Replace the lamp cover and plug your TV back into a working outlet. Turn on your JVC TV.
- 6). Press the "Menu" button on your remote. Use the arrow keys to scroll to "Lamp Timer Reset." Press "Enter" button on remote and select "OK" to reset the timer.