- 1). Spread the drop cloth over the floor to protect the surface from spills as you clean the stool feet. Turn the stool upside down to enable you to see the feet easily.
- 2). Wash the stool feet with a wet cleaning cloth to remove dirt and grime.
- 3). Cut a square of aluminum foil that will fit into your hand. Moisten the aluminum foil with water.
- 4). Rub the damp aluminum foil lightly over the rusty surface of the stool feet. Wipe the rust gently with the aluminum foil to create an aluminum oxide chemical reaction. The dampness on the aluminum foil also creates a paste, which will polish the chrome. Continue rubbing each stool foot with the aluminum foil to remove all traces of rust.
- 5). Wipe the stool feet with the damp cleaning cloth to remove the paste from the surfaces.
- 6). Add a small amount of chrome polish to a dry cloth and wipe the chrome surfaces to prevent future rust from forming.